Friday, February 10, 2012

My mom hates that i want to be a hair dresser!?

UGHH Im in grade 10 (15 years) and i tell everyone that i dont know what to be when i grow up. I want to do something with hair and makeup not clothes though. All my friends have their futures planned out already. They are all going to be lawyers and doctors and stuff. The only time i feel passionate is when im doing hair or makeup. My mom hates the idea because it doesnt pay well and she says i am too smart for a stupid job. I dont know what to do?! Like there are NOO jobs i am interested in except for something with hair or makeup!! What should i do? Please help im panicing!!My mom hates that i want to be a hair dresser!?
Follow your heart... I know that sounds really corny but if you want it, go for it!


My best friend's mom is a hair dresser and owns her own salon, it's not big or anything, just her own shop by the mall. Your mom is right in the sense that you are not going to be getting rich but you'll earn enough to make a living and if you like doing it, well, more power to ya.


Even if you're not getting rich my friend's mom is a single mother with two kids and she is doing just fine supporting both of them.


Don't let anyone, not even your parents get in the way of pursuing what you want. No matter what you end up doing, as long as you are happy andsuccessfull I'm sure your mom will be happy too.My mom hates that i want to be a hair dresser!?
If you are passionate and talented enough you can do very well with that career choice. Your Mom isnt gonna be able to tell you what do with yourself all of your life.





And all of your friends aren't actually gonna be doctors and lawyers. But even if they are, someone has to cut the hair of the doctors and lawyers of the world.
Go with your passion. I wanted to be either a flight attendant or hairdresser and makeup artist and my mother felt a flight attendant is just a waitress in the sky. My mom felt too, that a hairdresser and makeup artist were menial jobs. You could work for celebrities, models, etc. Your mom's looking out for your best interests, but be what YOU want to be, not what your mother wants you to be. Good Luck!
Well I had that same issue! Look, you can make money in anything you set your mind to. If you love what you do then your clients will love coming to you...so then you'll get a lot of business...which equals to more money. Yeah it might be slow at first but you can always work your way up. Like owning your own salon!
i have my heart set on being a hairdresser too.





Sometimes i feel a bit sheepish when people ask me what am i going to do. When i say hairdresser, i get the feeling they were excpecting somrhting eolse, you know?





I just keep thinking that i am goibng togo the furthest there is in the buisness.





THAT CAN EARN ALOT OF MONEY.





doing celebrity hair etc.





:)
Well my hair dresser charges me 20.00 for a cut (only) it takes about 15 min. and someone is always waiting to get in the chair when I leave. Say she cuts 3 heads an hour that is 60.00 an hour. Pretty good money if you ask me. Follow your dream.
well you still have time, if you still want to be a hair dresser then be it, because if your good enough you can do it possibly for famous ppl and you will get ALOT of money!





so still keep your idea :)
haha, i changed what i wanted to be like 15 times from ages 14-now (19), and i'm sure your friends will too. don't worry about it. keep what you would love doing in your mind and don't let anyone get you to lose sight of that.
There is really good money in hair styling, if your a great stylist or colorist, I pony up $97 dollars every 5 wks. and that doesn`t include tip. Not everyone wants or needs to go to college.
I SAY GO FOR IT.. try it out first in school with r.o.p. its free wont cost ur mom anymoney..and itll give u and idea of what u want and what u can expect.
  • olay regenerist
  • lip stain
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment